Monday, December 1, 2008

The woes of early pregnancy...

pregnancy
As of now I am 9 weeks pregnant. While this is not my first pregnancy, this will be my first child. With all that I have read in books and on the Internet as well as discussed with friends, I seem to be having a normal pregnancy. That is except for this bulge that I have grown which seems to be too large this early! I can't fit into my regular clothes, by that I mean I haven't buttoned or fully zipped my pants in nearly 3 weeks. I wear these things called Bella Bands which allow you to keep your britches up while relaxing your gut beyond the waist line of your pants. I refuse to buy maternity clothes at this point because I'm still searching for the alternative. The only alternative I can find is a moomoo - which my boss would never approve of, never mind my husband. The other thing that's bothering me is that everywhere I have read, the supposed weight gain is 25-35 pounds for the average woman! My mother gained 60 with her last pregnancy, and I know plenty of others who were well beyond that! Why do they have to print such cruel things for women, who are already in a fragile state, to fret over while it's just not possible for everyone! I'm sure it was a male OB/GYN who called those lucky numbers! I'm not sure exactly how much weight I've gained, but I'm certain that it's well beyond that 4-5 pound "average" gain for the first trimester and I've just gotten started with month 3!


On the contrary, my skin has never looked better thanks to my prenatals and the gallons of water I suck down daily!